A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We work with the following companies in maintaining and improving our website, getting a better understanding of visitor and customer profiles and ultimately delivering a better experience. A brief description of what they do is found below. If you have any more questions, please do contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
- We work with Bing Ads to market our products and services. We record any completed transactions which have been referred by Bing Ads using cookies.
- We work with Facebook to market our products and services on their platform. A pixel is placed on our site that both helps us track completed transactions or site interactions that have been referred from Facebook but also enables us to advertise effectively to such users based on what we know they have expressed an interest in.
- On occasions we may use information about our members to promote our services to other Facebook users of a similar profile. Information is provided in a ‘hashed’ format and deleted soon after similar users have been matched. If you do not wish your personal data to be used in this way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We work with Google to market our products and services on their Adwords platform. We record any completed transactions that have been referred by Adwords using cookies.
- We may also use personal information about our existing customers to create profiles that can be used to tailor our promotions via the Google Customer Match service. Information that is provided to Google for such purposes would be pseudonomised and would be used only for the purposes of:
- identifying prospective new members of a similar profile that use Google Search, YouTube and Gmail; and serving relevant advertisements.
- The information we provide to the Google Customer Match service will be deleted once the matching process is complete and it is no longer necessary for compliance with Google policies. If you do not wish your personal data to be used in this way, please contact email@example.com
- In addition, we use Google’s remarketing technology to advertise online via their Adwords search and Doubleclick platforms. In doing so, Google will place or read a unique ad-serving cookie on your computer and will use non-personal information about your browser and your activity on our sites to serve ads on their content and search advertising networks. For more information about remarketing or to opt-out of the Google/Doubleclick remarketing cookies please click here.
- We also use the following tools from Google:
- Google Tag Manager which is a tool that enables us to effectively add, update and manage marketing, tracking and analytics tags across our site. For more information please visit Google Tag Manager.
- Google Optimise enables us to test variations of our website pages or elements within the pages. These tests will usually result in improvements to the website and your experience. For more information please click here.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.