Registering with HMRC for self assessment

How to register for the Construction Industry Scheme

To register for CIS you must first be registered with HMRC for self assessment and have received your unique tax reference.

You can register for the CIS with Subcontractor Support for free or directly with HMRC. Click here to register now.

If you register with Subcontractor Support we can get your UTR and register you for CIS at the same time.  

If you register with HMRC you will need to open a gateway account, register for self-assessment and then register for CIS.  It is a three step process with HMRC and one quick and easy form through Subcontractor Support.

Click here to register for UTR & CIS with Subcontractor Support.

What happens once Registered?

Once you’ve registered and you start work you need to issue your UTR and NI (for sole traders) and UTR and company registration number to your contractor so that they can deducted the appropriate level of tax from your pay.